Thursday, April 20, 2017

A Reel by Any Other Name

Why hello, there. As a year's silence suggests, posting around here may never be a very predictable thing. I have, however, certainly been turning ideas over in my mind. So we'll start with the old fallback; I went to an Irish session* this evening and heard a tune I liked immensely. And, lucky me, I came home and found a recording of it that I also liked immensely. It's charming and fun on the fiddle (at least I think it is fun; I haven't quite got the hang of it yet), but I think it would sit exceptionally well on the pipes, too. So here you go: "The Antrim Rose," is the first tune in this set by Michael Muir and Rufus Huggan.

*Do you find the phrase "Irish session," extremely hard to pronounce? What about "Irish wrist watch?" You're welcome.

No comments: