Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Nicely Done

Taste in music is a very subjective matter. I know that. My opinion as to whose medley was best at last year's Worlds is, if possible, an even more subjective matter. But I do think Boghall and Bathgate's medley was very, very good. It's easily in my (yes, very subjective) top 3 from last year's competition. I remember at the time I first heard it being particularly taken with the lovely transition from the slow air to the strathspey, though I had forgotten since that the strathspey itself was "Seonaidh's Tune," one I'm particularly fond of. No, not for any reason at all. I told you. It's subjective. But that is unequivocally very, very good piping.

3 comments:

Mahri said...

I am really enjoying the music series you are posting - especially 'Christmas at Sea' and the piping medley. (I had no idea BBC left up any video of the WPBC!) It is a lot of fun to hear so many new tunes, in so many different styles.

Molly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Molly said...

I'm ever so glad you're enjoying it. I hope I can keep up with some semblance of variety; there are a lot of fiddlers on that list still :-)