Friday, April 9, 2010

Catching Up With Spring

Here's a short round of pictures I came upon in an empty lot on my way home from work a few weeks ago. I was rather excited to run across the location as it meant I could butcher the reels from my band's medley in relative privacy, and yet not be so far off the beaten path as to set myself up for a mugging. After bludgeoning the reels into whimpering oblivion (i.e. when my lip was starting to give) I had a chance to look around, and found a flower I was unfamiliar with. If my identification is correct, these are Red Maids (Calandrinia ciliata).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures, Molly!

Angelsprings

Molly said...

Thanks! It was about sunset by the time I got the last picture, so the lighting was certainly on my side. I wish you could have seen it in person, though; it was very peaceful.