Friday, August 21, 2009

Life, the Still Kind

It's a bad time of year for wildflowers, so here are a couple of tame ones. First, a rose which rather stunned me. It was late on a Sunday morning, and I was caterwauling away (I mean, on my pipes) in the park, trying to improve, and not feeling too much improved, when a lady walked up, thanked me for playing and handed me this flower, artistic extra greenery and all. Nice folks around here! My grandma has been cossetting a single delphinium in a pot in her backyard. It recently bloomed for the second time this summer, but the top-heavy stem broke off at a touch. Therefore, I came over to her house yesterday morning to find this perfect still-life arrangement sitting in the dining room. The lighting wasn't so great, but it was worth a shot.


No comments: