Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cloud of the Week

We had a small thunderstorm yesterday afternoon. I didn't see any lightning, but I could hear the thunder, and was later informed that the lightning started a couple of fires in the Tehachapi Mountains.
We did get a little rain out of it. I spent the afternoon packing the moving truck where, listening to the downpour amplified by the shell, I was tempted to go find something unproductive to do, a book or something to curl up with among the boxes. Any excuse to sit there and listen to the rain, and to breathe the sharp smell of it would have done nicely.
What I did get was a picture, so here it is:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Molly, this picture is breath-taking. thanks for posting it online!

Masayo

Molly said...

I wish you could have seen it live!