Monday, March 23, 2009

It was all fun and games after I was sick a couple of weeks ago as, since I hadn't been able to get out and about, I stacked up pre-written posts and the blog had about a week's worth of autopiloting in it. But all good things must end, as they say, and I am back to inventing daily posts for the moment. Just to mix things up a little, here are a couple of photos from last year.

This is a hawk from the Birds of Prey exhibit at the Lancaster Poppy Festival in April. The fellow in charge had all manner of interesting birds to display, and he was full of facts about them. . .of course, I didn't write any of it down at the time. I couldn't even tell you the proper name for this creature. The Highland Games at Pleasanton over Labor Day weekend had a similar exhibit, and a chance to get a picture of a falcon.

No comments: