Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Envelope Exchange

The envelope exchange was busy over Christmas; themes included Poinsettias, Red and Green, and a recipe exchange. Two of the envelopes I received were from overseas, one from Australia, and one from Iceland. Of the handful of envelopes I addressed myself in the past few months, I think the most original were those from the wheat exchange in November:
I used real wheat, left over from the bouquets at my sister's wedding, and painted it with gold acrylic ink to make the prints. As you can see, the effect was rather abstract. If the butterflies look even more abstract, as if, perhaps, they were originally put in to cover mistakes. . .they were. It was fun trying out designs on a vertical envelope, and I think I'd like to do it again, but come to find out, the postage costs are almost double if you address them vertically!

No comments: