Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday

Friday is set aside for general cleaning these days, so I am using housework as an excuse not to come up with a real entry. I did find yet one more way not to have an excuse for not having "The Little Spree" memorized. That's it, hanging over the kitchen sink. Well, it might not be quite Martha Stewart, but it gets the job done (and gives me one less excuse not to do the dishes right away too).
I slipped out to the park in the middle of doing the laundry this afternoon to see if I could get through the long-awaited taorluath variation. There is nothing like a bagpipe to make one feel, as my Canadian teacher once said, "watched". I tried to be inconspicuous, but a Parks and Rec worker who was doing something with one of the baseball fields rushed over very generously to invite me to practice closer. This was while I was still tuning, pre-piobaireachd as it were, so his later regrets in the matter are more than possible. I tried to stay just within range so he and his buddies could hear me, but as background music.

No comments: