Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Coreopsis. . .I mean, not Coreopsis

The predominant flower in the field was a variety of Coreopsis*. All I can get out of the book that I mentioned in my last post (no way I'm typing all that title again!) is that it is neither Coreopsis californicus nor Coreopsis bigelovii.These flowers tend to face towards the sun.
Anyway, there were quite a few of them.
In fact you might even say there were a lot of them.

Or more than a lot, however many that might be.
*After I had posted this, I showed the pictures to my Dad, and he was of the opinion that they were no kind of Coreopsis at all but probably some sort of Ranunculus. Stay tuned for breaking news on the subject. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder the flowers are ones you (not you, Molly) can make cocaine?

Angelsprings

Molly said...

No, I don't think so. . .I think that's a tree or bush or something. . .Then again, did I say I felt very, very happy out there in that field?