Sunday, May 20, 2007

Last Weekend. . .


Last weekend Mom, Dad and I flew out to Michigan for my sister's graduation. Her Alma Mater is Hillsdale College, a private school in Hillsdale, Michigan. This was my first trip out that way, and it certainly was enjoyable, albeit a bit quick (we flew out Friday, attended the graduation Saturday, then Dad and I flew back Sunday).
Anyway, Michigan--or what I saw of it between Detroit and Hillsdale--is very charming country. At least 75% of the houses we passed were quite old with two stories, gables and big, comfortable looking porches. The picture on the left shows you a bit of downtown Hillsdale, also quite established, as you can see. I wondered aloud why Tehachapi, which is at least close to the same age, looks so much newer; Dad cleared that up by reminding me of Michigan's lack of earthquakes!








This is a view of the clock tower at Hillsdale College. The statue in the front is a Civil War memorial; the college has been there for quite a while and some of its students fought for the Union during the War Between the States.

No comments: